Saturday, 30 March 2013

Read Instructions properly :o(

Hi there Crafters...
If your new to crafting or been crafting for a while, when it comes to INSTRUCTIONS on items you have not used before pay attention lol lol ... 
I was so thrilled to receive some molds I bought online, finally its the weekend and so thought get some Fimo clay out and get molding, I have a face and a new born baby and a heart, ready to use for my altered art ( I thought ) so I molded and pressed the clay and WOW they turned out brilliant with great detail ... so off to the oven pre heated of course
BUT did I get the temp right NO NO NO ... lol 30 Min's on Burn time, I put them in at gas mark 7 and should have been at 1 or even half ....... So the house was filled with smoke and 
it smelled of burnt plastic Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh .... Oh well lesson learnt, read the instructions carefully in the future are my results after burning them, still might be able to use them, ha ha ha Ya Live n Learn. :o) Happy Crafting.



  1. Hi Mark, I'll bet the house smelled awful for ages, plastic smells horrid when burnt, but the moulds have turned out OK, love the little baby one.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

  2. Sorry I was laughing, sounds like something I would do! Actually, they still look cute. I'd paint them and use them!

  3. Of course they were white when you started out :-) ! Now you've got a charcoal baby...ouch. Too funny. I'm sure I would have done the same thing. Have fun!

  4. ooooops... we crafters just like to get on and play and not read too much... but it's given an interesting look, look forward to seeing what you create with them. Hope you had the window open to let the nasty plastic fumes out!


All comments are very much appreciated
Thank you.